Fried Digital output driver - where's the current limiting?

Fried Digital output driver - where's the current limiting?

original posts
Gentlemen,

I sent an email marked URGENT on July 5th - no answer, makes me wonder how often you check your private boxes.

Something nasty has occurred with my PE3 running the Subaru WRX, all explained in the email with pics attached.

I need to know if you can repair it and expected costs else cost for a replacement pcb only.  I was under the impression all outputs were current limited however the driver transistor/FET became so hot it unsoldered and fell away from the pcb...  I was quick to unplug but not quick enough.

Please advise ASAP.

Regards,

Bill

Re: Fried Digital output driver - where's the current limiting?

Posts
Administrator
Hello Bill,

Please check your email.

July 5th was a Saturday. We check emails daily and respond based on the order in which we receive the email. Marking it 'Urgent' does not send you to the front of the line.

We received your email on Monday July 7 (the first business day after you sent the email) and responded first thing in the morning on Tuesday, July 8. We strive to respond within 1 business day on all emails and that is what we did.

Thanks.
Thanks for posting,
PE Support
(513) 777-5233