Sensor filters

original posts
The filter option under setup sensor, is it something that is default for a sensor or we can set up in pe3 based on the the noise coming in sensor data?

How to decide the filter level (as mentioned in manual something related to corner frequency)? And how to determine the corner frequency for a sensor, is it something we get when we plot bode diagram for a controller (but what about a sensor)?

Re: Sensor filters

Posts
Administrator
The corner frequency just defines the -3db down point of the filter. Generally you use the filter that gives the best response without unwanted noise.
Thanks for posting,
PE Support
(513) 777-5233